- Sie sind hier
- German Debt Project in an international context
The International Real Estate Business School (IRE|BS) of the University of Regensburg, in association with renowned sponsors, will be devoting a full day of research presentations. The aim will be to explore the financing of commercial real estate in Germany compared with selected international markets. There will be adresses to national and international project sponsors and we have also taken this opportunity to invite guests from Harvard, Boston and the Cass Business School in London.
National and international analysis will focus on:
- Expectations for 2018
- Shifts in market structures over time
- Development in financing conditions
- Comparison between investment and financing markets
German institutions have clearly developed a greater appetite to commit to financing abroad, whereas foreign financiers are increasingly making their way onto the German market. How attractive is Germany in an international comparison? We anticipate exciting discussion on the attractiveness of different financing markets and on squaring this with expectations from the investment markets.
The sponsors supporting us in this are the originating lead sponsor Real Capital Analytics, and co-sponsors bulwiengesa and JLL, as well as trade association sponsors CREFC Europe, INREV and the German Property Federation, Zentraler Immobilien Ausschuss (ZIA).
Everyone is talking about co-working. We take things one step further. After the event, we will be inviting you to engage in a spot of "co-watching" over beer and sausages. This will be a chance to get together with the research community and scrutinise tactics in the match Germany and South Korea.
The event will be held in English at Design Offices, Wiesenhüttenplatz 25, Frankfurt, within walking distance of the main railway station.
An exciting, analysis packed programme awaits
- Prof. Dr. Rick Peiser, Harvard & Prof. Dr. Tobias Just, IRE|BS Immobilienakademie GmbH
Battle of opinions - the German versus the US perspective on domestic real estate markets
- Markus Hesse, IRE|BS Immobilienakademie GmbH
Publication of the German Debt Project 2018
- Lunch and networking
- Dr. Nicole Lux, Cass Business School, London
The UK commercial real estate finance market
- Helge Scheunemann & Robert Stassen, JLL
Interest rate cycle: Implications for yields and bank lending in the UK and continental Europe
- Coffee break and networking
- Simon Mallinson & Sven Carstensen, Real Capital Analytics (RCA) & tba, bulwiengesa
An update on the German and US financing markets: This time its different?
- Edgar Orlovskis, INREV
The rise of European debt funds
- Gero Gosslar, Zentraler Immobilien Ausschuss (ZIA) & Peter Cosmetatos, CREFC Europe & Markus Hesse, IRE|BS Immobilienakademie GmbH
Wrap-up of the day – what are the lessons learned?
- Public screening - World Cup: Germany vs. South Korea
The project is supported by the sponsors and we will only be charging a flat-rate of €99 per person attending for food and drinks.