Share this page in the social media


Copy link

Copy link to the Clipboard

Question and Answer

Show all answers
Hide all answers
  • Do I need a visa for Germany?

    EU citizens as well as citizens from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland have the right to live and work in Germany without a visa.

    However you do need a visa for a short stay if your country is listed on this website:

    Citizens of the European Union, as well as citizens of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the Republic of Korea can apply for their residence permit for work purposes after entering Germany without a visa. Citizens of other countries are required to apply and obtain a visa for work purposes before entering Germany

    More information:

  • How many hours will I attend on an average day?

    A course day generally comprises eight to ten 45-minute lectures. These begin at 9:30 am and finish at 5:30 pm.

  • In what language will lectures take place?

    The lectures for the Executive MBA Real Estate and Executive MBA Real Estate Finance courses, as well as the Executive Management Program in Real Estate, are delivered in English. The online course “Introduction to financial modelling” also takes place in English.

  • Can I do an internship during the study?

    We will help you to find an internship in Germany. Please contact our program manager for more information. (The internship is conditional on the participation in a course of study)

  • Can I obtain a schedule?

    For each course there is a schedule that can be loaded in the download section for the individual courses of study.

  • What are ECTS credits?

    ECTS credits are used by European universities as equivalent course evaluations. The credits measure the student’s total number of study hours. The time in lectures, preparation and revision time, examinations, study projects and degree projects as well as internships all count towards the credits award.

  • When will graduates receive their degree certificate?

    Degrees are formally awarded once a year in a graduation ceremony at Eberbach Abbey. Anyone who cannot collect their certificate in person can ask for it to be sent to them by mail.

  • Can I resit exams?

    Examinations can generally be resat twice. The precise procedures are governed by the examinations rules for each individual course of study.

  • How does IREBS International Real Estate Business School ensure the quality of further education?

    We have an established multi-stage system, in order to improve our courses continuously. On the one hand we ask participants to rate lectures and lecturers directly afterwards using a questionnaire. Secondly, we regularly speak with lecturers, in particular about opportunities for improvement, revealed by the questionnaires. The evaluations contribute to the decision as to which lecturers are engaged by the Real Estate Academy long term, and which are not. Over the years we have succeeded in establishing a highly qualified pool of lecturers who are a real asset to our students from a professional and educational point of view.

    Lecturers who are practising real estate professionals also contribute to the advisory council current specialist knowledge on the demands of the sector, thereby ensuring that course content remains up to date.

    RICS accreditation is a significant quality factor in our Executive MBA in Real Estate and our Executive MBA in Real Estate Finance.

  • What happens if I have to take a break from my course?

    In exceptional cases, a break can be taken from studies. The reasons justifying such a break might be, for instance, illness, pregnancy or urgent company requirements. The student will make an application for this and will liaise with the customer manager. As with any change in the study location, we make every effort to find a suitable solution for the student. The final decision will be made by the directors of studies in each individual case.

    Please note that courses of study must generally be completed within two years, despite any break. The academic director will decide on exceptions on application.

  • Will it be a problem if I am not able to attend some of the lectures?

    There is no obligation to attend the lectures. However, we do recommend that you should not miss any lectures. The spoken word in the lectures is relevant to the examinations!

  • How should I prepare for examinations?

    The most difficult examination – regardless of course or area of study – is always the first. The students come in from professional life and have to learn to be students once again. We will assist you in this. Our customer managers will provide you with valuable tips on transcripts, study groups and study methods, as well as recommendations as to how you can best relax in the vicinity of your place of study. Don’t be put off by the challenges of occupation-accompanying part-time study. We can equip you with all the tools you will need.

  • How much study time should I factor in, in addition to the attendance days for each course?

    The study time depends on the individual’s previous level of education and training, professional experience and commitment to revising the content of the lectures.

  • Does application documentation have to be sent to IREBS International Real Estate Business School in the original?

    Copies are generally sufficient for the application. However please remember to bring your original certificates on the first day in Regensburg.

  • What documents will I need for an application?

    We will need you to submit the following to us:

    • The completed and signed application form
    • A CV with your training pathway and previous employment experience
    • A copy of the certificate qualifying you to be admitted on the course (for example a high school certificate, equivalent educational certificate or certificate of appropriate professional experience) and
    • An up-to-date passport photograph.

    If you are not certain whether you have the right evidence of qualification for entry, please contact us. We will be happy to advise you.

    Please send your application documentation to the following address:

    IREBS Immobilienakademie GmbH
    Kloster Eberbach
    65346 Eltville

  • How can I apply?

    For your application, please download the application form and please send us the necessary documents.

    You will find a precise description on our course application page.

  • Are there still places on this year’s Executive MBA Real Estate or on the EMPIRE programme?

    We would be happy to respond to this question in person. Please call us on 06723 9950-30.

    If there are more eligible applications than places on a course, earlier applications are given priority.

  • When is the application deadline?

    You can apply to any course of studies at any time, even for courses which, for example, will not start until next year. There is no application deadline in the conventional sense, but it is worth applying early:

    • For some courses an early booking discount is available by each early booking deadline – as a rule about three months before the court start date.
    • Applications are processed strictly in order of receipt. All courses have limited student numbers.
    • If too few people apply, any course might be cancelled a few weeks before the start date (see relevant terms and conditions).
    • Should you be planning to apply but are still awaiting approval from your employer, or are unable to apply yet for other reasons, you can reserve a provisional place on a course.
  • What are the accommodation options at the study locations?

    For each study location, we have gathered together recommendations for hotels and guest houses in different pricing categories for you. Our customer managers will be happy to send you a list. Please just ask her.

  • What is the best way to travel to the study locations?

    You can find travel directions for each place of study here: study locations.

  • What are the entry requirements for a programme of study?

    The specialist entry requirements differ from course to course. You can find detailed information in the course descriptions.

  • Is the Executive MBA Real Estate an academic degree?

    Yes, graduates from the Executive MBA Real Estate and the Executive MBA Real Estate Finance are awarded the academic degree “Master of Business Administration (MBA)” from the faculty of economics of the University of Regensburg. You will find further information on the course pages.

  • Is the Executive MBA Real Estate a Master’s degree course

    Yes, the Executive MBA Real Estate and the Executive MBA Real Estate are master’s degree courses. They require specialist knowledge in real estate, teach management skills and are a springboard to an international career for our students. You can find further information on the course pages.

  • Why is RICS accreditation important?

    The Real Estate sector is orientated towards the Anglo-Saxon world. The venerable Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), with its headquarters in London, is considered to be one of the most internationally renowned professional associations for real estate professionals, with more than 120,000 qualified members in 146 countries. The RICS code of conduct defines quality standards of education and ongoing professional training as well as of professional practice. The quality seal Chartered Surveyor offers valuable opportunities for networking and further professional development in the real estate sector.

  • What will the master’s degree do for my professional career?

    The Executive MBA Real Estate for our students is a springboard to an international career: the course prepares them for management roles and deepens students’ expertise in international real estate. With the Executive MBA Real Estate, you will be prepared for your next career move. You will find further information in the course description on the Executive MBA Real Estate and the Executive MBA Real Estate Finance.

  • What are the costs of study abroad periods on the intensive course Executive MBA Real Estate (MBA)?

    The Executive MBA Real Estate (MBA) takes place in Germany, the USA, the UK and Singapore. The costs of the entire course consist of course fees as well as travel and accommodation costs. Depending on what standard of accommodation you book in hotels and aircraft and what study variant you choose, you must plan in a sum of between 4,000 and 6,000 euros for travel and accommodation. This estimate is not guaranteed and you should merely factor it into your budget.

    In principle, study fees and costs can be offset against taxes. Information on the course variants can be found in the course description for the Executive MBA Real Estate.

  • How much do the courses cost?

    The prices of individual courses of study can be obtained from the relevant course description under the course fees menu item. There you will also find the prices for early registration and discounts for cooperation partners such as IMMOEBS, RICS or IREBS Core. Many companies pay all or part of their employees’ course fees. Some companies also support their employees in other ways, for example by time off in lieu. If you are financing your studies privately, you can offset the costs against tax.

  • Do I need a visa for the UK?

    Because there are so many different rules on who is allowed to visit the UK without a visa and who is not, please visit this Website to check if you need a visa:

  • Do I need a visa for Singapore?

    All foreign visitors of Singapore must ensure that they meet or possess the entry requirements stated the Singapore Immigrations and Checkpoints Authority.
    Look it up here:
    US Passport Holders (regular, official and diplomatic) do not require a visa to enter Singapore for business or for social visit purposes. They must, however, meet the entry requirements as mentioned above.
    Foreigners holding travel documents issued by a few country will require either a Business visa or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore.

    You can find them here:

  • Do I need a visa for the United States?

    All travelers entering the United States from countries under the visa waiver program are required to hold a valid ESTA travel authorization. U.S.-bound travelers are recommended to apply for a Travel Authorization at least 72 hours prior to departure.

    Apply your ESTA: